Tuesday 30 October 2012

Cherry Goodness

YAY!

Only about 4-5 weeks ago, I planted my first ever miniature fruit tree (of the cherry variety). This was given to me as the coolest tree present ever, by my lovely friend Katrina.

And today, I found my first fruits!! I am really excited, as I wasn't really expecting fruit this year, being the first year in its new home, I was more looking forward to my bounty of next year! 

As you can tell, I am a little bit excited! We have always had strawberries, but Josh has always been the main carer (and as anyone who knows us knows, he really loves his strawberry plants). But having a real life fruit tree, makes me feel so ... homely and fruity and fun!! 



This is one of the TWO budding cherries on my tree!! TWO PEOPLE! That's more than 1. After a long couple of weeks mood wise this is exactly what I was looking for to cheer (get it cheer *cherry* !! it's ok, I think I'm funny) me up. I have been lovingly watering and feeding this tree every 2-3 days for the past few weeks, planted it all by myself and added extra potting mix (and I really do not garden), and I feel like I have achieved!!

Yay for achieving! It really is the little things in life that can you lift you up sometimes!

Expect to see more of me, I will not neglect my lovely blog any longer. 

PLUS, 
The Make Cafe opens this Saturday, opposite Bush Inn, and they will have fabrics and coffees, I may never leave. And this will fantastic inspiration for new projects! Check it out www.themakecafe.co.nz

LouLou xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment