Thursday 11 October 2012

KCWC: Day 3 & Day 4

I finished the dress!!

It's taken a bit of time over the last 2 days, I made a sash for it, and I also had to figure out a way (without a pattern!! :S) to make it more comfy for her, as the top of the netting skirt and tulle on the inside was quite scratchy. So after a fair bit of mucking around I installed what is essentially a sash on the inside, that will stop the itchiness from now on!

I feel really invigorated by this project! And Little Miss 2 is so excited! 

I am onto making some more bandanna bibs for Little Mr 0 now, as he currently has 3, and that is absolutely not enough!

Loving this week of project sewing goodness!! 

Really needed a focus and some drive to continue creating. And the more I make, the more confident I feel.

Note to anyone ever planning on making a skirt using chiffon btw: do not buy polyester chiffon. It frays! Nylon chiffon does not. I wish I had waited longer, found the nylon chiffon online or something, because it made this project A LOT harder. 

My sewing machine was pushed to the limit with this one. 

Feeling good, great in fact! I finally have Josh home for 2 whole days! 2 DAYS!! Yay, I have missed him, and so have the kids! The new Mitre 10 Mega in Hornby is up and running, now I just need to shop up in the kitchen department!! I wish...

Talk soon, 

LouLou xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment