Monday 1 July 2013

Dukan Week 3

I have weighed in today, signed off on week 2 of the Dukan Diet. I never thought I would have the willpower to just give up pretty much every food I enjoy, but here I am... 4.7kg lighter! My skin is clearing up a wee bit, the waist is a bit smaller, my jeans are a wee bit baggier and for the first time in a long time, I feel quite empowered to be me.

I feel capable.

My aim is another 26 kg over the next 19 weeks, before wedding day, and then another 10-15kg after we get back from honeymoon, as I refuse to diet whilst away.

The first few days were horrible. I didn't know what to eat, I just wanted carbs, but now its becoming more normal, more stable and part of my daily routine.

For those of you who aren't aware of the Dukan Diet, it's worth a google. The idea is based around the idea that you eliminate basically all carbs, fat, sugar, starch, all the other stuff out of your diet, and after an initial attack week where you essentially only eat Pure Protein (meat, eggs and non-fat dairy), you alternate days of eating Pure Protein and Protein and Vegetables. Not all vegetables though, as things like peas, corn, potato, kumara are too high in sugar and starch to be allowed for now.

This seems restrictive, but once I hit my goal weight I will slowly reintroduce all food into my diet, with celebration meals, daily servings of fruit, wheat and all that.
This very restrictive section is designed purely for weightloss, and its working.

Talk tomorrow
Lou
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment