Saturday 17 August 2013

Pre-wedding #1

Hello!
How I have missed you.

This week has marked the 3 month mark for wedding, and now with officially less than 3 months to go, I have gone into crafty overdrive and general wedding prep.

We bought Lily's flower girl dress fabric and I bought a pattern. I bought her some super cute shoes too in the Pumpkin Patch sale online! Only $13!
















These have been my big excitement lately! We have been quietly making these little beauties for a while now. Basically, a flower made from an old book page, felt leaves and a brooch backing. 
Upon arrival at the wedding, each of our guests will receive one of these little babies. It's definitely taking time to put it all together, but god they make me proud and happy. They just look so cute. 













They have been so cute to put together, and I promise a tutorial will be on the way!
















This is the pretty little bag that the brooch's will come in, along with another couple of awesome pieces, details on the way!

We have a tiny, tiny budget for our wedding (about $2500), we are having a potluck dinner, small numbers (as it is at my mums house) and its BYO. But that doesn't mean that with what little money I do have, we can put together a really beautiful day, filled with little bits of Josh and I everywhere you look. 
These little bags that I am putting together are a perfect way to show everyone how appreciative we are that they are there for our special day. It's definitely a "its the thought that counts" situation, and I am going all out to DIY as much as possible, putting my personality into everything I can. 

I am so excited to share with you all as I put this day together from scratch, saving money where I can and I am just so excited that we will be married at the end of it, YAY! At the end of the day, that's what truly matters, everything else is just extra.

Lou xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment